solicitors (cook/cooks/is cooking/ was cooking/were cooking),
11. The phone......as Anna unlocked her door (ring/rings/
rang/was ringing). 12. They ... already... when Billy arrived, two hours late (ate/was ... eating/were ... eating).
Exercise 81. Ask questions as yon are told.
1, if I was having supper when you rang me up;2. if Ann was cooking when I came to her place; 3. if it was raining the whole day: yesterday; 4. if it was snowing when I got off the trolley*hus; 5. what I was doing at three o’clock yesterday; 6. what I was writing when you entered the room;
7. what I was thinking about when you asked me this question; 8. what my pupils were doing when I came into the classroom; 9. what I was doing the whole day yesterday; 10. what my son was doing when I came home last night.
Exercise 82. Put questions to the italicized words.
1. The man was reading a magazine when somebody knocked at the door. 2. He was waiting for a bus. Z. The boy was skating. 4. The students were dancing when 1 opened the door. 5. The girl was eating Ice-cream when we came in.
6. She was looking after her little brother. 7. The pupils were discussing a story. 8. The man was passing the theatre when the clock struck ten. 9. It was snowing when, we went out. 10. The boy was running very fast
Exercise 83. Answer the following questions.
1. Were you watching television at ten o’clock last night? Did you like the programme? 2. Did you do your homework yesterday? Were you doing it the whole evening? 3. What were the pupils doing when the teacher сайё into the classroom? 4. What was your mother doing when you came home yesterday? 5. Did it rain yesterday? Was it raining when you went out?
Exercise 84. Paraphrase the following Sentences as in the model. Model: He intended to work there. — He was going to work here,
1. We intended to spend our .holidays at a camp. 2. She intended to visit the picture gallery. 3.1 intended to call on him on Sunday. 4. His «on intended to enter an agricultural college. 5. His brother intended to buy a car. 6. They intended to congratulate him. 7. We intended to take a taxi. 8. They intended to send their son to Oxford. 9. We intended to buy