3. Are you a good swimmer? Have you ever had to save people who were in danger? Please tell us about it.
d) 1. Have any interesting performances been announced
in the newspapers or on the radio lately?
2. What famous actors (singers, pianists) are arriving in Moscow?
3. Do you think their names are known all over the world?
e) 1. Have you ever been operated on?
2. Was the operation painful?
3. How long were you in pain after the operation?
VIII. Заполните пропуски предлогами, где это необходимо.
1. It has just been announced ... the radio that a fa mous French actor is arriving ... Moscow ... a few days.
2. Jane is ... a very good mood because the doctor told
her yesterday that her father’s life was......danger. 3. The
boat is expected to arrive ... the port... the 20th of October.
4. When did World War II break ...? 5. When the audience saw the famous singer appear ... the stage, they greeted her ... a storm ... applause. 6. When the ship was approac hing ... Leningrad, all the tourists went out to look at the great city tha. could already be seen ... the distance. 7.
I wonder what school this writer belongs ...? 8. The children jumped ... joy when they saw the New-Year tree ... the middle ... the room.
IX. Заполните пропуски артиклями или притяжательными местоиме ниями, где это необходимо, и перескажите текст.
She Did ... Duty
It happened early in ... spring. ... village schoolgirl of about twelve was going home after ... school. When she was approaching ... river, she suddenly heard ... cries. She hurried in that direction and saw two small children on ... piece of ... ice. It didn’t take her long to make up ... mind, and ... minute later she was down on ... ice. Very quickly she reached ... children. They had calmed down ... little and she was about to go back with them when ... ice broke and she saw ... smaller boy fall into ... water. She immediately lay down on ... ice and caught (схватила) ... boy by ... hand Though it was very dangerous and she was very tired, she continued lying in this position untill two men saw them. They first carried them to ... safe place on ... bank and then took them to ... nearest hospital.