B. Models: I am often invited there. I am proud of It. — I am
proud of being often invited there.
I was invi ted there. I am proud of it. — I am proud of having been invited there.
1. He is given an important task. He is proud of it. 2. He was given an important task. He is proud of it. 3. She is loved by the pupils. She is proud of it. 4. She was loved by her pupils. She is proud of it. 5. The boy is praised by the teacher. He is proud of it. 6. The boy was praised by his teacher. He is proud of it.
C. Model: We sang together. We enjoyed it. — We enjoyed
1.1 saw this film. I enjoyed it. 2. She played the piano. She enjoyed it. 3. Tom collects stamps. He enjoys it. 4. The boys played football. They enjoyed it. 5. We bathed in the river. We enjoyed it.
D. Model: They went home. They did not wait for me. — They
went home without waiting for me.
1. I translate the text. I did not use the dictionary.
2. Mary left home, ghe did not lock the door. 3. He went to bed. He did not take off his shirt. 4. The boy continued to speak. He did not look at us. 5. The man saved the child. He did not give his name.
E. Model: I did not take a taxi. I went there by bus, — Instead
of taking a taxi, I went there by bus.
1. We did not go to the seaside. We spent the summer in the country. 2. He was not preparing for his exam. He was playing chess. 3.1 did not learn the story by heart. I prepared to retell it. 4. I shall not go to the cinema. I shall watch television. 5,1 shan’t write her a letter. I’ll send her a telegram.
F. Model: Mother is busy. She ts cooking dinner. — Mother is
busy cooking dinner.
1. Tom is busy. He is repairing his bicycle. 2. Jane is busy. She is washing her dress. 3.1 was busy. I was preparing my report. 4. The children are busy. They are cleaning the room. 5. The teacher was busy. She was correcting our tests.
G. Model: This radio set is good. I advise you to buy it, —
This radio 3et is worth buying.
1. This book is interesting. I advise you to read it.
2. This film is good. I advise you to see it. 3. This house is not very old. I advise you to repair it. 4. This museum has many interesting things. I advise you to visit it. 5. Many