is Kate? She (to do) her homework. She always (to do) her homework in the evening. 4. The pupils (to write) composi tions once a month. 5. Don’t shout. The pupils of the ninth form (to write) compositions. 6. Water (to boil) at 100°C.
7. Turn off the.gas. The milk (to boil). 8. Mary (to dance) all modern dances very well. 9. Look! Peter (to dance) with Jane. 10. Where you (to hurry)? 11. Helen usually gets up late. She always (to hurry) to school. 12. As a rule Paul (to prepare) his reports in time. 13. Don’t disturb him. He (to prepare) for his examination. 14. Take along your umbrella. It (to rain). 15. It often (to rain) in England.
Exercise 72. Read the sentences. Point out the cases when the structure to be going to indicates future time reference. Translate them into Russian.
1. We’re going to have a picnic lunch on Strawberry Island. 2. This evening Гш staying at the Rand’s for dinner.
3. I’m going to ask you a question, and I want an honest answer. 4. Гт going to buy a clock in here. 5. I’ve got the most wonderful news for you. Jane is going to be married. 6. We are going to Italy for our honey-moon. 7. May I ask you why you’re going to marry this young man? 8.1 couldn’t know he was going to die, could I? 9. Mr. Vole, I am going to ask you a very serious question. 10. I’m going to buy you a car so you won't feel so bad when other people all got one,
11. When are you going to tell the boys about it?
Exercise 73. Paraphrase the following sentences as in the model. Model: I shall buy a car. — I am going to buy a car.
1. Ann will spend the summer holidays in the country.
2, The pupils will visit the Art gallery. 3. We’ll learn Spanish next year. 4. She will take a taxi. 5. The pupils will decorate their school. 6. I’ll take part in the sports competition. 7. И1 think about it. 8. He will show her the house and the garden.
9. I shall talk French four days a week and Russian in the remaining three. 10. We’ll talk about this some other time.
Exercise 74. Answer the following questions.
1. What are you going to do this evening? 2. What are you going to do on Sunday? 3. What are you going to do next summer? 4. What are you going to do after you finish school? 5. How are you going to spend your winter holidays?
6. At what time are you going to have dinner today?
7. Mary is entering the library. What is she going to do?