3. What should be done to bring a person round when he has fainted?
4. Does a person come round quickly in a hot room?
c) 1. Would you say that one wastes one’s time when one
goes camping? Why not?
2. Would you go camping if there were signs of bad weather?
3. Could you enjoy camping and admire the scenery if the weather were rainy?
II. Think of a beginning.
1. ...you wouldn’t have wasted so much time. 2. ...and made her blush. 3. ...1 just can’t afford it. 4. ...As a matter of fact they were really well off. 5. ...She must be a very pretty girl. 6. ...He Is shivering with cold. 7. ...I wonder what they charge for it now.
III. Choose the correct word and use it in the right form.
1. The doctor tried to cheer up the woman by saying that her son (to be cured, to be treated) by the best specialists, and the illness soon (to be cured, to be treated) completely.
2. As the plan was very carefully worked out, it (to be taken, to be accepted, to be received, to be adopted) without much discussion. 3. “You must follow all my instructions,” the doctor said angrily. "There can be no excuse for not (to take, to accept, to receive, to adopt) the medicine regularly.”
4. When the servant announced the arrival of Sir Richard, Lady Cheswill (to excuse oneself, to apologize) to the guests and hurried to the door (to take, to accept, to receive, to adopt) the new arrival.
IV. Fill in the blanks with prepositions or adverbial particles if
1. Everybody was amazed ... the taste which the young woman showed ... clothes. 2. 1 admire the painter’s manner* Everything he does is ...' perfect taste. 3. I’m afraid they didn’t show much taste ... choosing the pictures ... their house. 4. Have some ... these sweets. I’m sure you’ll find them ... your taste. 5. If I were you, I’d learn to ride ... a bicycle. 6. Let me help you ... the bus. 7. You can go ... Mary ... advice. She’s a skilled nurse and will certainly help you ... ... the difficulty. 8. She must have fainted because it’s so
stuffy (душно) here. Don’t worry, she’ll come......no time.
8. If you hadn’t rushed ... your translation, you wouldn’t have made so many mistakes. 10. The work is extremel ’