3. Did Linda show good taste in music? What about Colo nel Green?
b) Think of a beginning.
!. ... It has a bitter taste! 2. ... They are not to my taste. 3. ... She should have shown better taste in her choice.
I. Все хвалили ее вкус. 2. Такие песни не в моем вкусе.
3. Он, очевидно, человек с хорошим вкусом. 4. Тебе не кажется, что у молока несколько неприятный вкус? 5. Это дело вкуса.
•) Answer these questions.
1. What helps a writer create characters that are true to life?
2. Which new republics have been created on the African continent lately?
b) Give as many word combinations as you can with to do, to create, to make and the nouns given below. Translate them into Russian and use them in sentences of your own.
difficulties, some work, a friendly atmosphere, a mis take, a role, one’s duties, an exercise, a note of, a danger ous situation, an operation, an invention, a good (bad) impression, an analysis, the talking, a report, a remark, a wonderful character
to do right (wrong) in doing something, to have something (nothing) to do with, to do with, to do without, to do one’s hair (room, etc.), to do good (harm), to be doing well, it will do (won't do)
a) Explain the meaning of the verb to do in each sentence by using one of the verbs in the margin.
1. Will you do the flowers while I do the window?
2. The car was doing sixty miles an hour.
3. We did the journey in five hours.
4. The young actoi did Hamlet very well.
5. His stay in the Caucasus did him a lot of good.
to travel at to complete to arrange to suit to see to hurt to clean to play
to have a good effect on