/ didn’t pick up more useful expressions when I was abroad on that business trip. 7. It’ll be a very good thing if they get this magazine regularly. It’s very interesting. 8. It would be a very good thing if that doctor agreed to treat your son.
9. It’s a pity Nick’s engaged in other business now. I’d have asked him to help us. 10. Please complete the work as soon as you can. 11. Will you turn off the radio, please? 12. Please leave me alone: I’ve got a terrible headache.
XI. Complete the sentences, using words given in brackets.
1. It’s rather difficult to begin learning a foreign language when one is over thirty.
(to be younger)
(to speak English from child hood)
2. I have a slight cold and don’t feel like going to the theatre tonight.
I wish I (to go instead of me)
j (not to book the tickets)
3. It’s a pity the rain’s keeping us.
I wish (to stop)
(to have raincoats on)
(to take an umbrella — зонтик)
4. Don’t you find the film boring?
I wish I (to end as soon as possible) .
I (not to come to see it)
5. It’s a pity Nick’s away on holiday now.
(to be here)
(to come back already)
6. I am so sorry you have a sore throat.
(to be well)
(not to go on that outing)
7. I am so sorry to have hurt you.
(not to be cross with me) (not to speak in that way)