II!. Find English equivalents for the following (See Text).
полный человек невысокого роста; что случилось?; около шести лет; он назвал себя Генри Батлером; он про читал его до конца; извините; мне хотелось бы пого ворить с вами несколько минут по делу; моя внешность не соответствует тому, что написано в объявлении; чтобы добиться чего-нибудь; говорит, что я дол жен от нее отказаться; ты изменился до неузнавае мости
IV. Give the situations in which the following are used (See Text).
advertisement, alive, to invent, indifferent, to lock, bitter ness, to treat, friendly
V. Correct the following statements.
1. One fine morning early in May Mr Wilson, a tall, well- built man with a worn gloomy face, stopped in the shadow of a big tree to read an advertisement for the sale of a farm.
2. The advertisement said that a white master was offering for sale a mulatto six feet in height, a very intelligent fellow who spoke wonderfully, and could read and write. The master wanted four hundred dollars for the mu latto.
3. After reading the advertisement Mr Wilson walked away with an indifferent air, saying the offer was of no interest to him as he had neither met the master nor the mu latto.
4. At that moment a white gentleman dressed in the latest fashion walked up to the place, and without taking much notice either of the advertisement or of Mr Wilson, passed on into the hotel.
5. Mr Wilson hardly looked at the newcomer, who was clearly a complete stranger to him. After a few minutes’ silence, however, he followed the newcomer into the hotel and, feeling lonely there, started a conversation with him.
6. They had a very short conversation in which George never touched on his past. Mr Wilson found George quite un changed and wondered how he could dare to take that step. Thinking this, he left the room without even shaking the young man’s hand.