I. Practise the sound combinations given below and read the dialogues aloud, paying particular attention to pronunciation and intonation.
'let’s 'drop 'in 'not to day with soup
II. Find English equivalent* for the following (See Text). *
давайте зайдем куда-нибудь закусить; уже время обе дать; да, пойдем; слева; сядем сюда?; проходите сюда; нам будет очень удобно; сегодня нет; что вы хотите взять?; я возьму то же самое
III. Answer the following questions and make up stories based on the answers.
a) 1. What’s the difference between a snack and a proper
2. Would you have a snack or a proper meal if you were in a hurry?
3. Where would you go for a snack at lunch time? Would you go to a self-service department?
4. What are the advantages of self-service?
b) 1. Is there a self-service department in your can
2. What time do you have a proper meal there?
3. What do you usually have for the main course?
4. Do you usually have dinner alone or in the company of your friends?
5. Do you keep to the same food every day, or do you like to have a change occasionally?
c) 1. What kind of shop do we call a department store?
2. Are there self-service departments in our big stores? Would it be convenient to have them in all stores? Why?
3. Would you have to go shopping often if you wanted to follow the fashion?