I. During his travels the writer mixed with workers, peasant and students. As a result... (to get to know).
2. He mixed up the medicines. The result was... (to do a lot of harm). 3. The telegram did not make sense because... (to mix up). 4. He came to like music because... (to mix with).
1. Я все перепутал! 2. Все перепутано. 3. Вы перепу тали их имена. 4. Брауны не общались с богатыми мальчи ками. 5. Мальчики быстро смешались с толпой.
1. Her acting is beyond all praise. 2. How he got into trouble is beyond me. 3. They stopped in a wood beyond the town.
b) Use a synonym.
1. My house is two miles farther than the river. 2.1 cannot understand how he managed to persuade hisiriend. 3. It was not in the doctor’s power to save the child. 4. Comrade Petrov's results in the event were much better than those of the other students.
c) Make up sentences, using Subjunctive I if possible.
one’s behaviour one’s attitude to the matter the post-office this work one’s way of living
my control me (my under standing) comparison that lovely house one’s wages
a) Practise aloud.
I. He’ll be back within an hour. 2. All the employees live within a mile of the factory. 3. We’ll have their answer within a week.
b) Choose the correct preposition.
1. (For, during, within) the discussion Mr Brown pointed out again that the matter had been under consideration (for,