6. Your work is connected with the English language, isn't it? In what way?
b) I. What time do you come to your office?
2. You begin working straight away, don’t you?
3. What do you attend to first of all?
4. What are your usual daily engagements?
c) 1. Do you make business appointments in the morning
or in the afternoon?
2. You always keep your appointments, don’t you?
3. Does anything ever make you cancel your appoint ments? What makes you do so?
d) I. What was your last business appointment?
2. Who did you meet?
3. Did you make the appointment on the phone or by letter? How do you usually prefer to do it?
4. What do you do if the person you’re phoning to is out?
e) 1. When are you going to call on your friend?
2. Will you call at his home or at his office?
3. You’ll phone to him before calling at his office, won’t you? Why?
f) I. Do you keep a diary? How long have you kept jt?
2. Why do you find it useful?
3. Do you write things in it which you have to see to yourself or messages for other people too?
g) 1- Your work is connected with business trips, isn’t it?
2. Who usually makes all the arrangements for your business trip?
3. Is anyone appointed to do your work while you are away?
V. Make a written translation of the dialogues and then retell them in indirect speech.
1. — Когда вы уезжаете на выставку?
— В начале следующего месяца, я думаю. Мне еще нужно договориться относительно некоторых экспонатов (exhibits).
2. — Вы давно знаете товарища Рябова?
— Да, он (раньше) был моим сослуживцем, но уже около месяца я не поддерживаю с ним связи.