Later that evening I thought: “No, money isn’t every thing. I don't want those running waiters. What joy it was with those old skates! No, money is not everything.”
1. How can you describe Adam, Robert, Grandfather?
2. What impression did Adam and his ideas about money make on Robert at first?
3. What made Robert change his attitude to Adam and his ideas?
4. What was Robert’s attitude to his Grandfather?
VIII. Compare: a) Robert Shannon and Frank Cowperwood, b) Adam and Frank, c) Uncle Seneca and Robert’s grandfather.
IX. Write a composition or speak in class on the following topics.
1. My idea of the right way to bring up children.
2. My day’s work.