a) Translate the following word combinations and use their equivalents in sentences of your own.
дальняя деревня, дальний район, отдаленный звук, далекий город
a) Answer these questions.
1. Which of your friends do you consider to be shy by nature?
2. When does one feel shy?
3. Is it easy or difficult to make a shy person speak before an audience?
I. Being shy by nature, she... (to feel awkward). 2. He turned down the invitation, saying he... (to dance awkwardly).
3. Jane was out of practice, so when she was asked to sing, she... (to feel awkward).
a) Use the verb to fetch after the following and complete the sentences.
1. Shall I...? 2. Will you...? 3. Don’t trouble... 4. You needn’t... 5. Do you mind...? 6. You’d better...
1. Принесите мне стакан чаю, пожалуйста. 2. Схо дить за вашим чемоданом? — Спасибо, не надо. 3. То варищ Иванов в соседней комнате. Сходите за ним, пожалуйста. .
to grow, a grown-up, grown-up
1. Trees of this kind do not grow in the North. 2. The boy's ambition was to become a cosmonaut and travel to distant planets when he grew up. 3. It’s growing colder and colder. 4. You’re quite grown-up, my boy. (You’re quite a grown-up man.) 5. Both children and grown-ups will enjoy the book.
b) Answer these questions.
1. Why do few kinds of fruit grow in the North?
2. When does it usually grow cold in Moscow?