11. How did Mrs Forrester take her husband’s opinion of detective stories? Was she really hurt?
12. Do you think Mrs Bullfinch was able to look after Mr Forrester properly? Do you think she would make a bet ter wife than Mrs Forrester? Give your reasons.
13. Why was Mrs Forrester’s heart beating fast after she had got off the tram?
14. Why did all the guests look at Mrs Forrester with open mouths when she told them the news?
15. Why did Mrs Forrester forget all about her husband? Was she frahk when she said so?
16. Why did her guests burst out into enthusiastic cries?
VIII. Make an outline of the text in the form of questions (15—20).
IX. Give the situations in which the following are used (See Text).
to hesitate, to lean back, I don’t blame you. I’ve been doing everything in my power, aren’t you ashamed of your self, nearly three hundred, to burst out laughing, unless, two stories that are alike, to run a house, her heart was beating, to get hold of him, I forgot all about him
X. Find Russian equivalents for the following (See Text).
held the door wide open; here’s Mrs Forrester to see you; won’t you sit down?; as you wish; it isn’t your fault; a joke’s a joke and should not be carried too far; you’re wasting your time; you’re literary; you’re artistic; there are three of us; how am I to live on that?; they lose by them; me? What a wild idea; I see exactly what you mean; unless he kept his mouth shut; what brought us together; I wish it no longer; I won’t look after; he’ll have a hobby; pulled up at a stop; suddenly started; after all; you poor things; what about Albert?; I can’t bother about Albert
XI. Find English equivalents for the following (See Text).
на секунду заколебалась; широко раскрыла дверь; на деюсь, у тебя все хорошо; из-за г-жи Булфинч; я знаю, это не твоя вина; я делала все возможное, чтобы заинте ресовать тебя; я не прореагировал как следовало; люди, которые окружают тебя; приятно решить все вопросы; мои книги не приносят мне денег; ему не удалось убежать от них; два одинаковых рассказа; тридцать лет тебя окру жало лучшее в английской литературе; я позабочусь о г-не