us? Do come! I'm sure you'll have a lot ... fun ... the party.
8. Do you mind my turning ... the radio? I am sick artd tired ... that loud music. 9. The young girl looked so good- natured that everybody liked her ... first sight. 10. As the station was three miles away ... the place where Nick lived he asked his friends not to see him so, ... shaking hands ... everybody, he picked ... his suitcases and started ....
11. The young men stood ... front ... the house and watched their friend go ... the street until they lost sight ... him.
12. Pavlov’s scientific activities are known ... the entire world.
IV. Choose the correct word.
1. This island (['ailandj остров) (to discover, to find) two hundred years ago. 2. You’ll (to discover, to find) this book in a lot of the Moscow book-shops. It’s worth buying.
3. I looked for the boy everywhere and finally (to discover, to find) him in a far corner of the garden. 4. Peter (to be doing well, to do smb. good) in tennis now, the training he has had (to be doing well, to do smb. good). 5. Is it raining outside? I have to go out. What shall I (to put on, to wear, to have on, to dress)? 6. “Don’t (to put on, to wear, to have on, to dress) your shirt!” said the mother to her little son. “You haven’t washed yet and you mustn't (to put on, to wear, to have on, to dress) before washing.” 7. Here’s a good black hat. You can (to put on, to wear, to have on, to dress) it with any coat. 8. The armchair looked so big and heavy that we didn’t expect Peter to be able (to lift, to pick up, to raise) it. The boy was very strong, however, and (to lift, to pick up, to raise) it like a feather (перышко) and even (to lift, to pick up, to raise) it high above his head.
9. Don’t you see the old woman has dropped her gloves?
(to lift, to pick up, to raise) them for her! 10. This question has been (to lift, to pick up, to raise) many times and it is still under consideration. 1*1. As there were only (a couple, a pair) of pages left, the girl decided to finish the book before going to bed. 12. I saw a nice (couple, pair) of shoes in this shop the other day. >
V. Make up situations, using the following words and word com binations.
1. to arrive long before, to discover, at one’s disposal, to find it more pleasant, instead (of), to leave the luggage, the left-luggage office;