I. Your spetling isn’t good enough. You must improve it.
2. The boy is improving in his studies. 3. The postal service has greatly improved lately.
b) Answer these questions.
1. Would you like to improve your handwriting or is it good enough?
2. In what way can one improve one’s spelling?
1. Его здоровье заметно улучшилось за последнее вре мя. 2. Опыт поможет вам улучшить работу. 3. За последнее время погода улучшилась
a condition, in ... condition(s)
I. The flat is in good condition, you can move in any time.
2. The ship was in no condition to leave the port. 3. It’s too noisy here. We can't work in these conditions. 4. Hard work is one of the conditions of success.
b) Make up sentences of your own.
to gain a lot — in favourable conditions; in spite of — in good condition; to be in bad condition — to shake one’s head; to be worried — the condition of the sick child
to point to somebody (to something), to point out something to somebody, to point out that ...
1. The woman pointed to a large building at the corner and said that it was the one we needed. 2. The guide pointed out several famous buildings to the tourists. 3. When I wan ted to go shopping at 6 on Saturday, my mother pointed out that it was early closing day.
I. Он первый указал нам на ошибки. 2. «Вот н почта»,— сказал он, указывая на высокое красивое здание. 3. Док ладчик отметил, что наша работа улучшилась.