X. Дайте четыре основные формы следующих глаголов:
to begin to teach to find to enjoy to carry out
to break to lose to drop to laugh to try
to fight to die to throw to grow to lead
to catch to make out to lie to fill to understand
XI. Составьте no 3 предложении иа каждый из следующих образцоа:
1. I'd rather send the letter by registered post. I don’t
want it to be lost.
2. I’d rather not post the letter today, let’s wait till to morrow.
3. You'd better send a telegram at once.
4. Your son nad better not go out today. He may catch cold.
5. He speaks both English and French.
6. We both took our exams yesterday. (= Both of us took
our exams yesterday).
7. We’re both pleased to see you again. (— Both of us are....)
XII. Заполните пропуски предлогами и наречиями, где это необхо димо.
1. I’d like this letter to go ... air mail. 2. I wonder why you aren’t pleased ... your son’s progress. I find he’s doing quite well ... many subjects. 3. “I'm afraid I haven’t got any small change ... me. Carr you give me change ... a pound note?” “Certainly, here you are.” 4. I got the impression that he was troubled ... something, but he avoided answering ...my questions. 5. The old man made the boy pick ... a piece ... paper he had dropped ... the ground, saying, "Never
throw anything ... the ground.” 6. I think I'll drop......
the post-office on my way home. I must buy some envelopes and make ... a money-order. 7. He explained ... me that
I should take the second turning ... the left and I would find the house immediately, because it was just ... the corner. 8. The boy was so good ... mathematics that he was soon far ahead ... the rest ... the class. 9. The clerk handed me two forms to fill .... 10. When I went ... the desk to fill ... a telegram form, I remembered that I had no money ... me, so I had to go ... home ... it.