3. How long did you have to wait your turn?
4. Did the doctor see what was the matter with you immediately or did it take him some time to find out?
b) 1. Have you even been operated on?
2. Who performed (did) the operation?
3. Was it serious? How long did you have to stay in hospital after the operation?
4. Who looked after you (took care of you) when you came home?
c) 1. When did you last watch an interesting football
match on TV?
2. Were you surprised at the result of the match or had you expected it?
3. Were there any unpleasant incidents during the match?
4. All the players did their best, didn’t they?
d) 1. When do the days get longer (shorter)?
2. Which is the longest (shortest) day in the year?
3. Is it getting cold outside?
4. When is it usually cold in the part of the Soviet Union where you live?
e) 1. What’s your idea of how to teach a child to speak
2. Is it enough only to explain to the child that it’s bad to tell lies or is it necessary to remind him about it several times?
3. What would you like your son (daughter) to become?
VII. Выполните следующее задание, как показано в образце:
Образец: Teacher: Please ask your friend to write
1st student: Will’you write to me?
Teacher: What would Comrade A. like
Comrade B. to do?
2nd student: Comrade A. would like Com rade B. to write to him.
to remind you about the meeting, to add a few words to your story, to help you make out the words in the telegram.
to look after your Mttle daughter while you’re away, to explain to you the idea of the article you didn’t quite understand.