c) 1. What d’you call the people who live in England?
2. Is England larger or smaller than France?
3. 'What language do they speak in England?
4. What’s the capital of England?
5. Have you ever been to England?
d) 1. Have you ever travelled about the Soviet Union?
2. Did you travel on business or for pleasure?
3. Where have you been? When was it? What did you see there?
4. Which moiintain chains in the Soviet Union do you know?
e) 1. Have you ever spent a holiday in the Caucasus (in
2. What’s the Caucasus famous for?
3. Why are there so many holiday centres in the Cau casus (in the Crimea)? Where are they situated?
4. Where else can you go for a holiday?
/) 1. Which countries do you fly over if you go from Mos cow to London by plane?
2. How many rivers do you cross if you travel to Holland by train?
3. Which countries do you pass through on your way to England?
g) 1. What’s the Volga famous for?
2. Which cities on the Volga do you know?
3. Which of them is the biggest?
4. Are there any holiday centres on the Volga?
5. Did you go to the Volga or the Dnieper for a holiday last year?
6. Which of these two rivers is more beautiful?
7. Is the Lena as long as the Volga?
h) I. Are the Urals between the Volga and the Lena?
2. Where are the Urals?
3. Are the Urals very high?
4. Are the Pamirs higher than the Urals?
5. What important industrial centres in the Urals do
you know? ,
6. Which of them have you been to?
VIII. Сравните, как это показано в образце, употребляя данные при лагательные и сравнительные конструкции as ... as, not so
Образец: Riga is as beautiful as Tallinn.
The Neva is not so long as the Thames.